16 Glenelg Street East
Lindsay, Ontario, K9V 1Y6
Telephone: (705) 324-5408
Facsimile: (705) 324-2081

Drinking Water Systems

Drinking Water

If your business makes drinking water available to the public, or your private water system provides water to year-round residential developments or designated facilities, you may be an owner of a Ministry regulated drinking water system.

The Ontario Ministry of the Environment regulates municipal and private water systems that provide water to year-round residential developments and designated facilities. "Designated facilities" include health care and social care facilities, children’s camps, child and youth care facilities, in addition to a school or institution with authority to grant degrees.

"Small Drinking Water Systems" fall under the responsibility of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MHLTC) and can include libraries, sports and recreation facilities, private cottages on communal drinking water, motels, restaurants, gas stations, churches, and bed and breakfasts.

Drinking Water Drinking Water

Our services include:

- Design of water treatment system
- Planning and Regulatory Approvals
- Drinking Water System Registration
- Sampling & Monitoring
- Reporting to MOE and MHLTC